May 20th, 2010 at 10:58 am (CST) by Jeff
I will be playing the part of Mendel, the Rabbi’s son in Fiddler on the Roof. It’s a non-principal, but important role from what little I’ve read.
Hey at least my character has a name–and a few speaking parts!
A few lines from WikiQuote:
- Tevye: As the good book says, when a poor man eats a chicken, one of them is sick.
- Mendel: Where does the book say that?
- Tevye: Well, it doesn’t say that exactly, but somewhere there is something about a chicken. Good Sabbath!
- Tevye: As Abraham said, “I am a stranger in a strange land…”
- Mendel: Moses said that.
- Tevye: Ah. Well, as King David said, “I am slow of speech, and slow of tongue.”
- Mendel: That was also Moses.
- Tevye: For a man who was slow of tongue, he talked a lot.
May 18th, 2010 at 11:03 pm (CST) by Jeff
Well, tonight almost the whole family (myself, my wife, my step daughter, my father and my mother) went and auditioned for parts for at the Wichita Theatre, a local community theater’s, production of Fiddler on the Roof.
I know I had my mistakes during the audition, but I had fairly high praises from everyone…got a pretty good thumbs up from one of the deciding factors of casting too.
I’m actually fairly anxious as this will be my first solo singing/speaking role in over 15 years.